While spectators are able to attend the event, we ask runners to reduce the number of spectators accompanying them on race day. Spectators that do attend are requested not to watch the race at the immediate start and finish areas.
Spectator Code of Conduct
- You must undertake a self-assessment for COVID-19 symptoms. Do not travel to the event if you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19. No-one should leave home to participate in sport if they, or someone they live with, has symptoms of COVID-19 currently recognised as any of the following.
– A high temperature
– A new, continuous cough
– A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
- Should you report or demonstrate any such symptoms, you must follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation and report this using the NHS COVID-19 App.
- Do not attend if you have been asked to self-isolate (through the NHS COVID app or by NHS track & trace).
- Do your homework – make sure you are aware of and understand the pre-race briefing information offered by the event.
- Be self-sufficient – bring your own hand sanitizer and refreshments.
- Avoid the most congested areas of the course including the start and finish and plan how you will get to your viewing position.
- Carefully consider your travel plans, and if you are travelling home with a participant, agree a designated meeting place after the race.
- Leave more time than you normally would to get to and from the event.
- Avoid physical contact with participants, volunteers or spectators including high fives and hugs etc.
- Wherever possible keep toilets clear for the use of participants and event staff and volunteers.
- Observe social distancing wherever possible. Please be respectful of everyone at the event who may be taking different approaches to social distancing depending on their personal circumstances.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and impact on other spectators, participants, volunteers and the public.
- If you experience COVID-19 symptoms soon after the event, you must report this using the NHS COVID-19 App – https://covid19.nhs.uk.
- Wherever possible keep toilets clear for the use of participants, event staff and volunteers.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and impact on other spectators, participants, volunteers andthe public. Please dispose of any rubbish responsibly.