Details of the 2021 Spectators will appear here in due course. In the meantime, please find below details of the 2020 event under strict covid-secure procedures.
Spectators are strongly discouraged at this year’s event. Spectators that do attend will not be permitted in the race village area, start area and finish area to ensure controlled social distancing is in place for the runners.
Spectator Code of Conduct
- Consider whether it is necessary for you to attend as a spectator
- DO NOT travel to the event if you are showing any Covid-19 symptoms
- Do your homework – make sure you are aware of and understand the pre-race briefing information offered by the event
- Be self-sufficient – bring your own hand sanitiser and refreshments
- Avoid the most congested areas of the course including the start and finish and plan how you will get to your viewing position.
- If you are travelling home with a participant, agree a designated meeting place after the race
- Avoid physical contact with participants, volunteers or spectators including high fives and hugs etc
- Wherever possible keep toilets clear for the use of participants and event staff and volunteers
- Be respectful to volunteers and participants
- Observe social distancing wherever possible
- Carefully consider your travel plans, avoiding public transport if at all possible
- Leave more time than you normally would to get to and from the event
- Be mindful of your surroundings and impact on other spectators, participants, volunteers andthe public. Please dispose of any rubbish responsibly
- If you experience COVID symptoms soon after the event, then please make this known through the government’s Track & Trace system